The Member Training Program for Flotilla 6-5
will be offering all six of the AUXOP specialty courses each year.
Dates and times will be listed below for each specialty course as the
information becomes available.
- Flotilla 6-5 will be offering CPR / AED Training on Tuesday, 20 November from 6 pm to 9 pm at the ARSBC building.
For Operational and other mission oriented members.
Cost: $20 for a pocket card; Free for certificate only
Instructor: Wayne Oliveira
Every member can specialize in any or all of six different specialty areas in the operational and administrative fields. Successful completion of your first course entitles you to wear the Specialty Course ribbon. Each additional class entitles you to add a bronze star to the ribbon. After completing six courses, the bronze stars are replaced with a silver star. Upon completion of the seven courses, the ribbon is removed and is replaced by the coveted AUXOP designation. The six specialty courses are Auxiliary Communications (AUXCOM), Navigation (AUXNAV), Patrols (AUXPAT), Search and Rescue (AUXSC&E), Seamanship (AUXSEA) and Weather (AUXWEA)
- AUXWEA ~ Weather Specialist
- AUXSEA ~ Seamanship Specialty
- AUXCOM ~ Communications Specialty
- AUXPAT ~ Patrols Specialty
- AUXNAV ~ Navigation Specialty
- AUXSC&E ~ Search and Rescue Specialist